Rosenheim, Germany, 1 Dec 2021 — esmo group (esmo) — a full-service systems integrator that provides innovative and advanced engineering services — today unveils new configurations of UniCell, the company’s cross-industry compact automation housing solution for manufacturers looking to improve productivity levels, production stability, and occupational safety.
The UniCell enclosure is an all-in-one offering that enables manufacturers to streamline and optimize its processes. Highly standardized yet fully customizable, the modular solution can be deployed on stand-alone machines or in a network of complex systems. Depending on the user’s requirements, these automation housing units can be configured to perform specific production or testing tasks (e.g., joining operations, handling, assembly, inspection, etc.), flexibly catering to a variety of automation needs and comfortably tackles the most challenging demands.
Given its versatility, the UniCell is relevant for all industries and is most suitably applied on small to medium-sized components that require mid- to high-cycle rates. The automation cell boasts a sophisticated, innovative safety and lighting guidance system, which enhances occupational safety on the shopfloor while boosting productivity. Furthermore, the UniCell modules are easy to operate, maintain, and transport around the production facility.
Lars Ingenhag, Head of Business Unit Automation, expressed, “With the UniCell, we’re offering manufacturers a sophisticated enclosure that integrates a comprehensive safety concept. Its modular design also promotes scalability and facilitates quick installation, which translates to short delivery and assembly times — especially useful for customers who cannot afford extensive downtimes.”
Additional features of the UniCell:
- robust and sturdy, welded machine frame made of steel (high rigidity)
- optimum damping/shock absorption of dynamic robot motions, even at highest traversing speeds and force/load impacts
- plug-and-play → customer-specific interface preparation (optional)
- enclosed cell with pressure control systems
- optimized accessibility facilitating maintenance and cleaning operations
- integrated, consistently comprehensive safety concept (EMO, safety switches, light barriers, etc.)
- standard interfaces (OPC UA) → Industry 4.0 pre-requisite
- user-friendly HMI touch display for convenient system control
- control cabinet integrable into system substructure plus storage option for robotics/vision controller (IPC)
For more information, please visit: esmo-group.com/automation/en/products/automation-cell
Notes to the Editor:
About esmo group
Established in 2001, the esmo group is an international enterprise that provides innovative and advanced engineering services to different sectors across a variety of industries:
• esmo automation is a full-service provider that offers a comprehensive range of product and service offerings for the plant engineering and automation technology industries.
• esmo semicon is one of the leading suppliers of manipulators, docking and interfacing components, and handling systems for the global semiconductor industry.
• flextos, a subsidiary of the esmo group, specializes in customized solutions for the drywall and interior construction industry.
We develop customized solutions at an excellent price-performance ratio for our customers globally. Our strong portfolio of leading-edge technology, state-of-the-art machinery, innovative production engineering and efficient processes allows us to meet even the most challenging requirements within short timeframes. Our extensive experience, competence, and colleagues’ motivation and commitment make up the strong and reliable framework behind our customers’ success.
esmo is a subsidiary of Accuron Industrial Technologies. www.accuronindustrial.com
For more information, please visit www.esmo-group.com or connect with us on social media.
Ms Gracine Wee | e: gracine(at)redbugpr.com