To support our ongoing hiring demands, esmo USA is seeking an outstanding individual for an experienced Field Service Engineer role.
Sacramento/Roseville, CA area
San Jose, CA area
- responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of semiconductor handlers, manipulators, and docking systems
- manage customer site preparation, consultation, on-site installation, implementation, and planning
- install and optimize hardware/software products and configurations at customer sites
- troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve product performance issues
- perform on-site installations, maintenance, and repair services
- respond to all hardware technical support needs from the assigned accounts
- solve complex problems related to system uptime or availability
- strong teamwork and communication with local support team members and management
- ability to visit customer sites upon short notice and to 'work to completion'
- travel to factory, training facilities, and customer locations will be required (>50%)
- employees must have sufficient credit to pay for expenses while traveling – reimbursement for expenses is done once employees submit a business/travel expense report (hotel, transportation, per diem)
- must have experience in the Semiconductor Industry as a field service engineer/technician, with specific knowledge of Multitest, COHU and other major handlers
- a minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a technician in an semiconductor/electro-mechanical related field, as training will be provided
- AS Degree in Mechatronics or related fields
- ability to read/understand SolidWorks mechanical drawings and schematics
- must be able to attend paid factory training in Germany (if required)
- excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think tasks through completely
- must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- ability to work under pressure
- have a valid driver's license and passport
- must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- system repair/servicing requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and occasionally working in unusual positions using full body mobility
As an internationally operating group of companies, esmo AG – headquartered in Rosenheim, Germany, with its subsidiary companies esmo Asia Pte. Ltd. in Singapore, Singapore, esmo USA Corp. in California, USA, and esmo Asia North Co. Ltd. in Shanghai, China – has expanded its global operations to various industry sectors: esmo semicon (as a leading supplier of manipulators, docking and interfacing products for the international semiconductor/microchip industry), esmo automation (plant engineering, system integration, and automation technology), global market services (services for international production and capacity expansion), and esmo construction (special purpose machines and tools for the construction industry). With their engineering and manufacturing plants worldwide, the esmo group of companies are continuously setting new benchmarks for the future.
esmo USA Corp. – an equal opportunity employer
Aside from competitive salaries, we offer PTO, paid leave and public holidays, 401(k) plan, health care and dental benefits, as well as attractive career opportunities and an employee-oriented work environment.
If you are interested in joining the esmo group, please forward your expressive application documents to email@example.com – submit your application preferably by email (max 5 MB file size, max 2 files).
For administrative reasons, we should ask you to refrain from phone calls or walk-ins without previous appointments. Thank you for your understanding.