esmo automation integrates state-of-the-art robot technologies into automation processes to achieve maximum efficiency with precise and highly dynamic, automated motion sequences at a consistently outstanding quality and reliable continuity – an absolute prerequisite for the demanding challenges of our digitalized age of Industry 4.0.
Applications of industrial robots
The integration and programming of robots are an integral part of our daily tasks – our experts configure automated robots for the following applications:
- quality assurance (QA)
- feeding, loading, pick + place
- sorting and packing
- assembly and further processing
esmo automation uses applications of various renowned robotics manufacturers in its automation systems, preferably Staeubli, Denso, or ABB – if required, Epson, Bosch, Fanuc, Panasonic, Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, or Universal Robots as well. Our selection of applications is not limited to certain manufacturers, so that we will always offer you the best robotics solution for your individual specifications and requirements.
Robotics is developing with remarkable speed and dynamics in the fields of image recognition and image processing (industrial image processing), and – among other things due to its high process reliability – is also playing an increasingly vital role in the above-mentioned applications.
Articulated robots are industrial robots with up to six axes, for example –
- SCARA robots (horizontally articulated robots)
- palletizing robots
- 5- and 6-axis robots
- collaborative industrial robots
Key benefits and major advantages for the application of these robots:
- ready-to-use solution with control system included
- simple and fast spare parts supply
Two or more standard linear axes may be used to create handling systems with individually distinctive properties – robots consisting of axis systems include, among others:
- portal robots
- gantries/gantry systems
Key benefits and major advantages for the application of these robots/systems:
- customized adaptation of the respective traverse paths to the individual application at hand
- optimum adjustment of individually required loading capacities
robot arm/axis system combination
This solution combines the benefits of the robot arm kinematics with the motion range of the axis system.
The high degree of operating speed and force of industrial robots requires an equally high level of carefully thought-out and efficient safety precautions to prevent or exclude any personal injuries and/or equipment damage – the following options will be available for this purpose:
- enclosure/housing: physical protection against injury or damage (robotic cell)
- sensor technology: light barriers and camera systems detect hazards and, if required, slow down or entirely stop motions (for collaborative robots, this will only be possible if the corresponding motions are not too fast and/or neither sharp nor pointed tools are being used)