customize YOUR genius
- innovative and intelligent cell module system → maximum efficiency and flexibility, even for most challenging demands
- ideal combination of standardization and individualization → adaptation to customized specifications with an excellent price/performance factor at the same time
- highly precise and efficient → maximum productivity for cost optimization and fast amortization
- multi-functional utilization, application, and individualization options → smart, wide-ranging modular system design offering a large selection of (automation) solutions (e.g. robots, image processing and handling systems etc.)
- standardized machine/design platform → short lead time, fast availability
- optional stand-alone or system integration solutions
- modular design → virtually arbitrarily expandable and scalable
- extensive selection of accessories and add-on modules (e.g. feeding systems, packaging systems etc.) → facilitated connectivity due to flexibly designed side walls
- standard interfaces (OPC UA) → Industry 4.0 prerequisite
- clearly structured, standardized and, if required, individually configurable user interface → designed for intuitive operation
- control cabinet integrable into system substructure plus storage option for robotics/vision controller (IPC)
- robust and sturdy machine frame (high rigidity) → optimum damping/shock absorption of dynamic robot motions, even at highest traversing speeds
- compact design offering excellent accessibility for regular set-up/maintenance measures at the same time
- easy machine cell transport (e.g. forklift truck)
→ meeting nowadays’ requirements of contemporary production plants in terms of flexibility and mobility in every respect
→ flexible manufacturing, cost-efficient production
- modular design → expandable and scalable (800 mm grid)
- stand-alone or system integration solutions – customized or standardized solution
- enclosed stand-alone cell (e.g. with overpressure systems) → suitable even for "rough" ambient conditions
- for small to medium-sized components
- short delivery and assembly times
- customized solution options → individually designable/expandable
- for medium to high cycle rates – short cycle times possible
- multi-functionality and flexibility → exchangeable process modules, exchangeable side walls/windows
- plug-and-play → customer-specific interface preparation (optional)
- robust and sturdy (high rigidity)
- optimized accessibility facilitating maintenance and cleaning operations
- integrated, comprehensive safety concept
- pick + place
- component processing
- component cleaning
- quality assurance
- laser marking/component identification + detection (DMC)/tracking
- joining, riveting, glueing
- measuring, weighing, testing
- dosing/dispensing, application
- loading, unloading
image processing/camera systems
- non-contact testing
- (3D) surface testing/surface inspection
- presence detection/completeness checks
- geometrical testing
- testing/verification of DataMatrix codes, QR codes etc.
(e.g. step vibratory bowl feeder/spiral conveyor)
- bulk material feeding (also in connection with image processing systems) (e.g. Omron AnyFeeder, ABB FlexFeeder™, ROBA ENG. EYEFEEDER® etc.)
- stacking/destacking (tray magazine)
- preparation of manual loading/feeding process (e.g. tray loading/feeding)
- tape + reel
- bulk material packaging (e.g. in bags, pouches, boxes etc.)
- blister/tray loading
- customized packaging systems
- SCARA robot
- 5-/6-axis robot
- delta/spider robot
- axis systems (e.g. portal and conveyor systems, pick + place etc.)
- rotary indexing tables
- intelligent linear transport systems
- work piece carrier, printed circuit board, and blister transport systems
- component handling systems
- camera-based inspection/test modules
- mechanical and electrical test modules
- thermal test modules
exchangeable process modules
- feeding systems
- assembly systems
- handling systems
- inspection/test modules (camera-based inspection/test modules, mechanical and electrical test modules, thermal test modules)
- glueing/dosage systems
other processing systems
- marking systems (e.g. laser, ink, offset etc.)
- cleaning systems
- assembly process systems (e.g. screwing, clipping, glueing etc.)
- workpiece measuring systems
- additional system options on request
What is an automation cell?
An automation cell offers an ideal combination of standardization and individualization as well as multifunctional application options. With the comprehensive modular building block system, a wide range of automation solutions can be realized.
What particular advantage does an automation cell have for my company?
The modularly designed automation cell performs individual or interlinked work steps, thus enabling you to achieve maximum efficiency, highest quality, and best profitability at the lowest possible risk of personal injury and equipment damage.
What tasks or processes can an automation cell perform?
Typical work steps that can be automated are, for example, transport, handling, assembly, inspection, and packaging of smallest to medium-sized parts/components.
In which size range can an automation cell be planned?
Due to its modular structure, an automation cell can be designed both as a stand-alone (individual or interlinked work steps) and as a system integration solution, i.e. it may be integrated in any upstream or downstream processes.
Which technologies can be integrated in an automation cell?
Depending on the work steps to be automated, technologies such as control and drive engineering, robotics, industrial image processing, and laser marking will be employed.
What is the budget and time frame for an automation cell project?
The modular structure of the automation cell allows for an economically efficient arrangement of both costs and project duration.